At ENCS I co-wrote the Smart Meter Requirements for Austria’s End-to-End Secure Smart Metering architecture published by Oesterreichs Energie. We wrote the original in German, then added an English translation later. The documents were made available to the public: https://oesterreichsenergie.at/sicherheitsanforderungen-fuer-smart-meter.html
I actively contributed to the organization and / or program committees of the following events:
- WEWoRC 2015 ‒ Cottbus, Germany, October 2015 [PC member]. (Update: workshop canceled)
- Indocrypt 2014 ‒ New Delhi, India, December 2014 [PC member].
- Selected Areas in Cryptography (SAC) 2014 ‒ Montreal, QC, Canada, August 2014 [PC member].
- MoCrySEn 2013 ‒ Regensburg, Germany, September 2013 [PC member].
- Selected Areas in Cryptography (SAC) 2013 ‒ Vancouver, BC, Canada, August 2013 [PC member].
- CrossFyre 2013 ‒ Leuven, Belgium, June 2013 [Co-organizer].
- Code-based Cryptography Workshop 2013 ‒ Paris-Rocquencourt, France, June 2013 [PC member].
- YACC 2012 ‒ Porquerolles Island, France, September 2012 [PC member].
- CrossFyre 2012 ‒ Eindhoven, the Netherlands, June 2012 [Co-organizer].
- Code-based Cryptography Workshop ‒ Kgs. Lyngby, Denmark, May 2012 [Organizer].
- PKC 2012 ‒ Darmstadt, Germany, May 2012 [PC member].
- PQCrypto 2011 ‒ Taipei, Taiwan, December 2011 [PC member].
- ECRYPT-II Code-based Cryptography Workshop ‒ Eindhoven, the Netherlands, May 2011 [Co-organizer].
- CrossFyre 2011 ‒ Darmstadt, Germany, April 2011 [Co-organizer].
I am visiting the Cryptography Research Group at Microsoft Research in Redmond from February 4 to April 26, 2013. Thanks to Kristin Lauter and Michael Naehrig for inviting me.
Post-Quantum Cryptography and Quantum Algorithms
November 5‒9, 2012
Leiden, the Netherlands
Scientific organizers: Tanja Lange, Michele Mosca, and Christiane Peters
Wiki page containing the program, contributed talks, working groups:
I organized the Code-based Cryptography Workshop in 2012: May 9-11 at the Technical University of Denmark.
On September 1, 2011 I started as a postdoc in the Math department at the Technical University of Denmark. The position is funded by a Technology and Production Sciences (FTP) grant by the Danish Council for Independent Research under grant number 11-105325; awarded 1,622,015 DKK for the purpose of conducting research on “Code-based Cryptography”.
Rubicon Award 2011 by the Netherlands Organization for Scientific Research (NWO); awarded 163,763 Euro for the purpose of conducting research on “Code-based Cryptography”; grant money declined because in conflict with FTP grant.
Official announcements in English and Nederlands.
Thanks to Dan Bernstein and NIST for employing me for the period of three months as research associate in the Computer Science Department at the University of Illinois at Chicago.
Also a big thanks to Jon Solworth for giving me asylum in the RITES lab.
Together with Tanja Lange I co-organized the Code-based Cryptography Workshop: May 11-12, 2011 at Technische Universiteit Eindhoven, The Netherlands.
In May 2011, I completed my Ph.D. studies at the Technische Universiteit Eindhoven in the Coding and Cryptology Group under the supervision of Tanja Lange and Daniel J. Bernstein.
- Ph.D. thesis: Curves, Codes, and Cryptography. Technische Universiteit Eindhoven. The Netherlands, 2011. pdf bibtex
- Stellingen: pdf